Re: Just one more anecdote

From: Paul <paul_at_test.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:15:15 +0100

Marshall Spight wrote:
>>Just on the off chance that perhaps someday you will want to do an
>>implementation with a different model than the one you currently use, I
>>suggest that it really is a good idea to aim first to prepare a model
>>without regard for the target implementation. Just a suggestion, of
>>course.

> I hate to get all Fabian-Pascally on you, but the thing about this
> is that the RM is based on set theory.

well everything is based on set theory really! I'd suggest a better statement is to say the relational model is based on first-order predicate logic. In the sense that the things in the traditional presentation of first-order predicate logic (propositions and predicates) corrrespond nicely with things in the relational model.

Paul. Received on Wed Aug 03 2005 - 22:15:15 CEST

Original text of this message