Re: Just one more anecdote

From: David Cressey <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:47:58 GMT

"dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122562060.674621.223110_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Marshall Spight wrote:

> And somehow I didn't laugh. Call me stupid or ignorant and I can agree
> that I can be and laugh it off, but call me angry or bitter and I can't
> figure out how my writing would portray someone so unlike me. I get
> this self-doubt thing going -- "do I have an axe to grind?" -- I am not
> conscious of one, so is there something in my subconscious, and on and
> on and on.

What makes you think that "grinding an axe" implies angry or bitter?

> > However, he also took you to task for "assuming" something in a
> > paragraph that you started with "My conjecture is" and ended
> > with "I could be wrong, of course." And it wasn't even a very
> > long paragraph. Point Dawn.

The only thing I took exception to was the single word "downgraded". I should have been more clear about that than I was. Sorry if I confused anyone. The rest of your conjecture is just that, a conjecture. I don't see where you get it from, but I'm not going to "take you to task" for it. That's not my place. Received on Thu Jul 28 2005 - 23:47:58 CEST

Original text of this message