Re: Three Kinds of Logical Trees

From: <lennart_at_kommunicera.umea.se>
Date: 16 Jul 2005 01:24:17 -0700

Marshall Spight wrote:

[...]

> Examples
>
> homogeneous: org chart. Every node is a person record, but the
> structure of the organization may be of whatever form.

A bit off topic, but IMO an organisation consists of different type of nodes, say for simplicity Company, Department and Employee. Boss is a role in the organisation, and the persons who has this role is a leaf in the tree, just like every other person. Given your classification I would say the org chart instead belongs to "dynamic heterogeneous" instead of "homogeneous".

[...]

/Lennart Received on Sat Jul 16 2005 - 10:24:17 CEST

Original text of this message