From: <>
Date: 30 Jun 2005 12:31:53 -0700

Jan Hidders wrote:
> wrote:
> >
> > Jim Gray said to me once, face to face, that
> > "XML might, just might, be THE next Data Model".
> And did you ask what he exactly meant with that? Did he mean that it
> *would*, or that it *should* become the dominant data model?
To tell the truth, I was so stunned by his statement that I did not know how ask for any refinement.

Any how, even if he had meant that it was just a fact of life, good or bad, that will XML dominate over RM it still is a strange statement.

Lauri Pietarinen Received on Thu Jun 30 2005 - 21:31:53 CEST

Original text of this message