Re: Glossary 0.0.4 (repost)

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 22:25:40 +0200

Paul wrote:
> Some acronyms that aren't explained (see below). Maybe they should be
> written out fully each time, with the abbreviation in brackets
> afterwards (since the list may not be read sequentially, and people
> wouldn't want to follow chains of links to expand all the acronyms).

Ignoring sequence may harm you, as many overzealous tabelizers have found out. Before your first quote from the glossary it says:

> Preamble:
> This glossary seeks to limit lengthy misunderstandings
> in comp.database.theory.

None of these abbreviations have AFAIK ever led to misunderstandings in this newsgroup: FOLDOC, DBMS, ,ISO, RM, SQL-DBMS, IT, 3rdM, m.m., ER. I don't think these should be explained in this glossary. If you think an abbreviation _could_ lead to some misunderstanding, please name it, and provide some disambiguating text. Received on Thu May 26 2005 - 22:25:40 CEST

Original text of this message