Re: theory and practice: ying and yang

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 00:51:53 +0200

mountain man wrote:
> Alfredo Novoa wrote:
>

>>mountain man wrote:
>>
>>>IMO theory and practice are two sides of the one coin,
>>>two views into the one reality.
>>
>>Of course, but this is rather contradictorial with many of your

> Really? Is it not possible that a person can consider
> multiple points of view, or must one consider just one
> POV?
A while back I quoted:

> Do I contradict myself?
> Glossary 0.0.2: Very well then I contradict myself;
> may 5, 2004 I am large, I contain multitudes.
> --------------- -- Walt Whitman

So ... sure. However, for a discussion to be of consequence, it is nice if one - for the duration of the discussion - promotes ONE pov only.

> You tell me what the implications are.

That gets pretty hard when everyone allows contradictions everywhere. Received on Thu May 26 2005 - 00:51:53 CEST

Original text of this message