Re: database integrity

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 10:24:07 GMT

"Jan Hidders" <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be> wrote in message news:dYBje.97016$jn3.5538960_at_phobos.telenet-ops.be...
> mountain man wrote:
>> "Jan Hidders" <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be> wrote in message
>>> I've always wondered why this is never mentioned as an example of the
>>> usefulness of dynamic database constraints.
>>
>> Mentioned by whom?
>
> Writers of database textbooks.

Good question, in that case.

I am tending towards the observation that when people refer to the discipline of database systems theory (as disclosed by the writers of database textbooks) the bulk of it refers to the theory leading up to, and immediately prior to implementation of a production concern.

After that, the theory is filed away somewhere and people revert to the use of common sense.

What do you think?

Pete Brown
Falls Creek
Oz