Re: deductive databases

From: alex goldman <hello_at_spamm.er>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:29:43 -0700

VC wrote:

> In order to cure yourself from Internet "education" ill effects, you might
> consider a trip to the nearest library and borrowing for example this
> book:
>
> HB Enderton: A Mathematical Introduction to Logic, Academic Press, 1972

Again, the anonymous "VC" troll is trying to "educate" me.

You forgot to reply to this. Does Quinlan need to take Prolog 101?

OTOH VC is just a plain insulting troll, as anyone reading this thread in chronological order can tell. He claimed "car(cons(X,Y), X). " does not make any sense (not to him, just not any sense, period). Or take this insulting little nugget:

> Please read , like, a book or something on Prolog 101 before trying
> to mislead a lot of people.

Which the VC troll wrote in response to "[In first-order logic, the term] `function' is better used for predicates that possess certain properties (determinism)"

I think the insulting ignoramus should tell that to Quinlan too:

http://www-ai.ijs.si/~ilpnet2/systems/ffoil.html Received on Wed May 18 2005 - 00:29:43 CEST

Original text of this message