Re: deductive databases

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:01:56 GMT

"Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne_at_acm.org> wrote in message news:8jUhe.527$dS3.209076_at_news20.bellglobal.com...
> Martha Stewart called it a Good Thing when "mountain man"
> <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote:
>> So its not that I went looking for alternatives, rather that in
>> the early days I was not aware of any recursion theory.
>
> You mean to say that you have been doing database work since the
> 1960s, and have been ignoring theory ever since?
>
> You'd pretty much have to go back to the 1950s for recursion not to be
> available...

What I mean to say is that, aside from brief encounters with shoe-boxes full of punch cards in the early days, and the theory associated with programming dinosaurs, my bread and butter has been derived from the management of database systems + application software + development + change management.

Only in recent years did I become interested in the theory associated with various aspects database systems.

Pete Brown
Falls Creek
Oz
www.mountainman.com.au Received on Tue May 17 2005 - 11:01:56 CEST