Re: deductive databases

From: Robert Low <mtx014_at_coventry.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 15:34:09 +0100

alex goldman wrote:
> VC wrote:

>>b. car(cons(X,Y), X).  If it's Lisp,  the expression does not make sense.
>>If it's a Prolog 'functor', it does not make any sense either.

> In the future, please add qualifiers like "to me" to silly statements like
> the above. Car of a cons, consisting of X and Y, is X.

But what is car(cons(X,Y),X)? That looks like it's feeding car two things, namely cons(X,Y) and X. I understand car eats a list and spits out the first element of the list, but have no idea what it does with a pair of objects. Received on Sat May 14 2005 - 16:34:09 CEST

Original text of this message