Re: resolution of the inside/outside RDBMS dichotomy (was Re: Some Hype on "new" databases)

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 06:12:00 GMT

>"Kenneth Downs" <knode.wants.this_at_see.sigblock> wrote:
>> mountain man wrote:

>> You see, in 2001 I created a tool (not called Andomeda
>> but "LittleSteps") by which I resolve this dichotomy by
>> obviating the environment outside the database. Apps
>> are developed in SQL alone and stored inside the rdbms
>> as stored procedures, managed by a menu stored proc
>> that has reference to an organisational structure table
>> and the application register (all the defined procs).
>>
>> SP's may be easily "chained" together to provide n-level
>> drill down functionality from summaries, to intermediate
>> summaries, to detail, to history, to logs, when required,
>> so the solutions are very very sophisticated but very
>> simple with bare-bones minimal of moving parts.
>>

> Do you have anything published on the web we can read?

  1. patent specifications recently published: http://www.freshpatents.com/System-of-binding-all-computerized-organizational-intelligence-on-a-server-computer-and-rdbms-portal-software-interface-tool-and-methodology-dt20050324ptan20050065956.php
  2. Brief History of IT Management and the RDBMS http://www.mountainman.com.au/software/history/
  3. There is also the "Southwind Database" demo: http://www.mountainman.com.au/software/southwind/ Demonstrates a drill down application as defined above.
  4. Product Information for the SQL Server RDBMS http://www.mountainman.com.au/software/LittleSteps/SQLServer/product_information.html
  5. Draft ideas for a theory of (computerised) intelligence: http://www.mountainman.com.au/software/Theory_of_Organizational_Intelligence.htm

Best wishes,

Pete Brown
Falls Creek
Oz
www.mountainman.com.au

"Like yang and ying,
the code and data
are almost inseparable,
and almost equally
and totally useless
without the other"
--Farmer Brown Received on Wed May 04 2005 - 08:12:00 CEST

Original text of this message