Re: Modelling Considered Harmful

From: Kenneth Downs <knode.wants.this_at_see.sigblock>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:17:53 -0400

paul c wrote:

> On the other hand, maybe the very question is harmful as it may dispose
> us to dispose of the word. Once you start banning words it is a
> slippery slope to totalitarianism. However, if you are suggesting that
> certain people's usage of the word is harmful, ie. confusing, then I
> have to agree. But then much of everything certain people do is
> confusing and potentially harmful.

Overall a very funny and insightful reply, thanks for the nice read.

As for this last point you make, I don't hope to change anybody's mind, guess i'm just ranting out my own position. If somebody flames me on using "record keeping" I'll just give 'em a google link to this thread.

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.