Re: the relational model of data objects *and* program objects

From: Frank_Hamersley <terabite_at_isat.bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 05:53:50 GMT

"dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote <snip>

> The goal is flexibility and stewardship (better bang for the buck, for
> example) in software development and maintenance. I think SQL is one
> of the obstacles to that, but not the only one.

Personally I haven't seen a case (yet) where SQL constrained these goals.

The cases I have observed where brickbats are thrown at SQL actually related to inept attempts at deployment by the squishy bits doing the deploying! BTW IME this often applies to most attempts to tarnish a tool after an incapable wielder has hit their (proverbial) thumb.

Cheers, Frank. Received on Tue Apr 19 2005 - 07:53:50 CEST

Original text of this message