Re: How to build database to support user-specified entities and attributes?

From: B.Dimple <bdimple_at_myway.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2005 14:50:15 -0700

Hi,

I think of what you are looking for as a User-Extendible Facility.

Here's a Data Model that might provide some illuminating insights :- http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/user_extendable_datadictionary/index.htm

And here's an example of how it looks in practice :- http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/user_extendable_database/uedb_tables.asp

You will find you are logged in as johnd and can create tables and extend tables that belong to johnd.

HTH B.Dimple
Senior DBA