Re: Suggestions for alternate UPDATE command syntax

From: Hugo Kornelis <hugo_at_pe_NO_rFact.in_SPAM_fo>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:10:17 +0200

On 4 Apr 2005 15:04:37 -0700, Neo wrote:

(snip)
>// Add a comment to neo's solutions.
>(CREATE x#1a comment +"normalized to symbols")
>(CREATE x#1b comment +"normalized to symbols")

Hi Neo,

Irrelevant. Your challenge was about "using the relational model" (...) "from normalized and NULL-less data". When I use the relational model, normalized means 3NF, BCNF, 4NF, 5NF, or DKNF. How XDb1 stores it's data and whether "normalized" is the appropriate term for that is completely irrelevant for the challenge.

>// Add two comments to hugo's solution.
>(CREATE rm#2 comment +"non-normalized and non-generic")
>(CREATE rm#2 comment +"unable to generate common ancestors for class
>hierarchy")

Please use the link below to find the original thread, then re-read it completely (it's only a mere 265 messages long). Then indicate which of the messages you failed to undertand. Both of the above points have been refuted numerous times.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.object/browse_frm/thread/9574b5ea646a8045/1721e4f97931cb68#1721e4f97931cb68

Best, Hugo

--

(Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)