can two stored procedures in same transaction cause deadlock

From: <huanchhspfree_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2005 00:06:57 -0800

Hi,

 We are experiencing a deadlock issue using MS SQL 2000 that's generating some debate in our office. We have two stored procedures SP1 and SP2 running in the same transaction along with couple other stored procedures, SP1 does a deletion on one table, then later SP2 does a select on the same table. The isolation level is set to be Read_Commited. I believe the deadlock is caused by the fact that one cannot update and then read a table in the same transaction if isolation is Read_Commited based on my limited knowledge about databases, however I need a second opinion on this if possible.

 Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. Received on Thu Feb 17 2005 - 09:06:57 CET

Original text of this message