Charades [Was: RE: Define "flatten database" ?]

From: Dan <guntermann_at_verizon.net>
Date: 28 Jan 2005 16:58:46 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:

> My one word response was "Denormalize." You will find up up just
> under the signature "Fred Z."
>
> So I'm not sure what it is you are responding to. And given that I
> teach the subject here at the university I think I have at least
> a basic knowledge thereof.
> --
Interesting. I've noticed that you've been posturing yourself as a professor at the UDub. Since I'm interested in luminaries and academics there such as Pedro Domingos, Alon Halevy, and Berstein (serialization), I was quite surprised that you were suddenly an academic.

I was quite excited and thought I'd check out what classes you were teaching (note: heavy dose of facetiousness here), especially as they applied to database theory and computer science.

I looked for you here: http://www.cs.washington.edu/people/faculty/

Nope.

So maybe you are an adjunct? I looked for you here: http://www.cs.washington.edu/people/faculty/adjuncts.shtml

Nope.

An affiliate perhaps? Nope...
http://www.cs.washington.edu/people/faculty/adjuncts.shtml#affiliate

Now. I happen to know that you were *once* an Oracle certification instructor for a technical extension program that was sponsored by the University of Washington. But those types of instructors would never insinuate that they teach theory or computer science at the undergraduate or granduate level, would they? Geez, that would be bordering on unethical.

Perhaps they haven't updated the links yet.

Regards,

Dan