Re: Foreign key in Oracle Sql

From: -CELKO- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 15 Jan 2005 20:35:24 -0800

>> We have added unvalidated constraints to a couple of tables so that
all new data has to pass the FK test while containing data retrieved from a legacy mainframe system that sometimes does not meet the tests. This has allowed up to tap into history going back over 20 years. <<

Do you have views with time points that say, in effect, "this is the valid data" or "this is the invalid data" and jut know that you cannot use them together for anything that has to be right? Do the guys writing the front end apps like not knowing what a query will do?

I would put the old stuff into a data warehouse and set up scrubbing rules to make it at least internally consistent. Is the customer so far behind in deliveries that they need 20 years worth of data on-line? Received on Sun Jan 16 2005 - 05:35:24 CET

Original text of this message