Re: About Entity Relation Diagram

From: Silver <argytzak_at_med.auth.gr>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:21:50 +0300

Thanks you for the reply.

I thought that normalizing was all about making flat tables into tables with as less columns as possible.

I do, however, have another question. What will the primary key of the entity INTERESTS and APPEARANCE be? I read somewhere that when relating 2 entities with a relation, the relation doesn't have to include the primary keys of the entities it relates. For example, between member and tape, the relation RENTAL doesn't have to include MemverID and TapeID, only DateRent and DateDue.
Will this be the same case with the entities Member and Interests ? (the relation will be HAS). But then, what attributes will the relation HAS have?

PS. I 'm also reading some theory stuff. I just could use an extra advice