Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih+nr_at_eunetnorge.no>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 18:35:17 +0100

"Alan" <not.me_at_rcn.com> writes (to the entity calling itself "Neo"):

> LOOK - I HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS FOR YOU, TOLD YOU SEVERAL TIMES THAT I HAVE
> DONE THIS FOR YOU, AND THAT I WILL NOT DO IT AGAIN. SO STOP ASKING. GO LOOK
> THROUGH THE THREADS YOURSELF AND FIND IT.
You should probably stop letting this "Neo" worry you. I sincerely doubt that he even exists; he's probably a fictive character created by someone who's having great fun playing with the group. If, on the other hand, he is real, he's a moderately gifted kid who's read a bit about databases, and created, by a leap of creativity, something not entirely unlike Prolog. That would be somewhat impressive, except that he destroys his own credibility by his insistence that his model is better than everything else, and, even more, by his failure to understand the difference between a model and its implementation.

Whichever it is, you can forget about getting information, arguments, proof, or whatever, into "Neo"'s head. He has proven himself entirely unable to understand anything anyone says to him.

My advice would be to killfile him and be done with it.

-tih

--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway Hosting
www.eunet.no  T +47-22092958 M +47-93013940 F +47-22092901 FWD 484145