Re: Logical equivalence of simple and complex types under the relational model?

From: Dan <guntermann_at_verizon.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:00:03 GMT

"Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_ncs.es> wrote in message news:41af01d2.3668781_at_news.wanadoo.es...
> On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:27:17 GMT, "Dan" <guntermann_at_verizon.com>
> wrote:
>
>>IMO, orthogonal does not mean independent,
>
> But this is exactly what it means it that context.
>
> orthogonal
>
> adj. [from mathematics] Mutually independent; well
> separated; sometimes, irrelevant to...

You are entitled to your opinion, but I strongly feel you are wrong in this case. If you want to rely on a short, misleading definition from dictionary.com, then that is your perogative. I've already addressed the definition issue to you directly at length in another thread. Having a deeper understanding of the term and its use in computer science would help the quality of discussion.

Thanks,