Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Nov 2004 14:01:43 -0800

> > [Does the original RM query continue to work] in the following cases?
> > 1. Things with no name and multiple names.
> > 2. Things with no age and multiple ages.
> > 3. Things with no name or age.
> > 4. Things with same name(s) and age(s).
> > 5. Things with variable number of classifications (ie martian and
> > plutonian).
> > [6. Names/ages with properties.]
>
> The point is, it is very easy to create imaginary scenarios having nothing
> to do with reality that can or cannot be solved by a given solution (in this
> case DB system or model). It ultimately proves absolutely null, er, I mean
> nothing. I think.

You are correct. The ability of XDb2's "SELECT %.age & %.name=john;" query (representing existing code in a project) to continue working even when presented with the above imaginary scenarios (representing changes to project) has nothing to do with reality and ultimately proves absolutely nothing. Received on Tue Nov 23 2004 - 23:01:43 CET

Original text of this message