Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Nick Landsberg <SPAMhukolauTRAP_at_SPAMworldnetTRAP.att.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 20:16:35 GMT

Marshall Spight wrote:

> "Nick Landsberg" <SPAMhukolauTRAP_at_SPAMworldnetTRAP.att.net> wrote in message
>

>>What's the problem you are trying to solve?

> Nice post. This is the sort of thing I was trying to get
> at with my "with respect to what set of operations"
> question previously, but you did it better.
>

> Marshall

Thanks, Marshall.

When it all boils down to the nitty gritty, we are all trying to solve problems in order to earn our paychecks.

Sometimes the problems are real-world,
sometimes they are contrived. I prefer
to solve real-world problems for which I get a paycheck. Rarely, if ever, does
anyone get a paycheck for solving a contrived problem (although it can be fun to try to do so in certain instances).

NPL

--
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof
because fools are so ingenious"