Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Nick Landsberg <SPAMhukolauTRAP_at_SPAMworldnetTRAP.att.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:08:41 GMT

Neo wrote:

>>Please, Neo - let's try to keep the discussion sane, shall we?

> Could you post a simple example that we could apply the different
> methodolies to demonstrate/evaluate the desired point?

What's "desired?"

Where I work, we have a very simple rule. That rule is that at the beginnning of a technical discussion we clearly and succinctly state "what's the problem we're trying to solve." This avoids all sorts of religious arguments during the meetings.

So, in the context of this discussion, I would ask you, Neo, to state the *problem* you are trying to solve.

Note that:

  • Non-redundant data is a solution rather than a problem,
  • Non-null data is also a solution rather than a problem.

What's the problem you are trying to solve?

--
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof
because fools are so ingenious"