Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2004 10:33:06 -0800

Please demonstrate that your understanding is superior by using any data model / tool to replicate the John, Mary, R2D2 example (www.xdb2.w/Example/Ex113.asp)

> ... "likes" isn't a thing. It's a verb, not a noun.

I don't care to waste time arguing over your and Webster's definitions. Show me the practial consequence with respect to representing and processing things in dbs.

> Okay, you are using a reference to John in place of John a second
> time. But you can't reuse that reference, because then you would be
> storing something, the reference, twice, which would be redundant
> according to your personal definition.

The reason why multiple refs to the same thing aren't duplicates was explained in OT "A Normalization Question". But I suggest you take the blue pill instead. Received on Fri Nov 19 2004 - 19:33:06 CET

Original text of this message