Re: Demo: Modelling Cost of Travel Paths Between Towns

From: Ja Lar <jalar_at_nomail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:21:22 +0100

"Neo" ....
> > > Attempts to mask NULLs with unknowns or any other value, don't work
> > > (you must not have read my prior posts expounding the above point).
> >
> > Let's say the users have agreed to use the value 0 to indicate unknown
age.

> If two things have age 0, is it true or false that their ages are equal?

Nice to see a short post from you, and with a good point too! I think you question in this case is relevant with regards to NULLs and 3VL. In fact (pun intended), you seem to understand that neither "age" or "0" are facts, but "...having age 0" could be, if not... So, who will give the ansver ... Received on Thu Nov 18 2004 - 08:21:22 CET

Original text of this message