Re: Choice quote

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:53:58 GMT

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:t6adnaMrSvkhqgvcRVn-iQ_at_comcast.com...

> "Marshall Spight" <mspight_at_dnai.com> wrote in message
>
> I recently sent out a new post "Query Optimization ..."
> with another quote from the paper.
>
> I thought I would get a response from you. If you got it, and don't feel
> like discussing it, then I'll desist.
> (I'm not a bot). If you didn't get it, maybe I need to get it to you.

I read it; it was quite interesting. I also marked it as "unread" so I'll go back to it again later. (Not that this always works.) But moving has taken up more time than I'd expected; I'm mostly unpacking boxes these days, and my wife's been out of town for a few days so I'm also doing lots of sitting with the kids. Not much time for insightful analysis.

I'm not entirely clear what kind of a response you'd like, though. I'm certainly interested in learning more about db internals. I think my next step is probably to read that Garcia-Molina et al book. $89 cheap!

Marshall Received on Sun Nov 14 2004 - 22:53:58 CET

Original text of this message