Re: Demo: Db For Dummies

From: --CELKO-- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 14 Nov 2004 07:38:19 -0800

>> Above type queries can only be resolved via code/API at this time.
The psuedo code below solves similar but simpler case: <<

Why would I want to write proceudral code for this things?

>> "Person with uniqie hair color? That is, a person with a hair color
such that there doesn't exist anybody else with this color" <<

Or the hair occurs once in the population. Rewording makes life much easier.

SELECT hair_color, MAX(person_id)
  FROM Population
 GROUP BY hair_color
HAVING COUNT (*) = 1;
And I agree with another comment; I do not see the point of these code postings. Received on Sun Nov 14 2004 - 16:38:19 CET

Original text of this message