Re: Relational vs network vs hierarchic databases

From: Dan <guntermann_at_verizon.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:10:34 GMT

"Gene Wirchenko" <genew_at_mail.ocis.net> wrote in message news:m9dbp01illrvjs0s8rklqqngmgq8dbjdc5_at_4ax.com...
> Jan Hidders <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be> wrote:
>
>>Gene Wirchenko wrote:

>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> These statements are incompatible for one person, barring
>>> inconsistency or hypocrisy.
>>
>>Give me a break! Next to being rather well-informed Dan is one of the
>>most honest and patient participants in this newsgroup which is usually
>>filled to the brim with people that have a particular axe to grind.
>
> And he can not have one to grind, too? His statement was an
> unfair swipe.

Gene,

I'm too weary right now to argue the point. I'm not in any particular need of validation, so I'll forego explaining why I responded the way I did.

Thanks for your opinion and willingness to step in with it. Your point is well taken. It was surprising that you would comment the way you did here and then not address any of the substantiative elements in my other post, but that is neither here nor there.

Regards,

  • Dan