Re: The TransRelational Model: Performance Concerns

From: Rene de Visser <Rene_de_Visser_at_hotmail.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:53:35 +0100

"Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_ncs.es> wrote in message news:4194a1d2.3205656_at_news.wanadoo.es...
> The analisys is ridiculous, it only analizes one of the least
> favourable cases, among many other mistakes and wrong assumptions.

Maybe you could list some of the many other mistakes and wrong assumptions?

The analysis did not seem ridiculous to me.

However for instance when programming in AP5 most of my relations have two columns, some with three, and occasionaly four. So I guess it does not reflect that when programming in a truly relational language, that the relations don't tend of have many columns.

Maybe though it does say that a traditional SQL database design won't carry over very well to TRM.

Rene. Received on Fri Nov 12 2004 - 12:53:35 CET

Original text of this message