Re: Signal to Noise Ration on DBDebunk Declining

From: hungrylion2004 <hungrylion2004_at_zworg.com>
Date: 9 Nov 2004 09:10:11 -0800

BobTheDataBaseBoy <gnuoytr_at_rcn.com> wrote in message news:<sMKdnfijobyYkw3cRVn-rg_at_rcn.net>...

> one plain ole angry dude.

Or its a marketing gimmick to hook the data architects, dba's, whatever you wish to call them, who feel threatened. "Look here, all of society has gone insane" is very soothing I would imagine.

> not the only one, and with good reason: faith based science is taking
> things a tad far. take a look at the current page. stock up on brown
> shirts.

Yes, indeed. Now you're talking about Pascal's world, aren't you? I'm sure the gulags would be filled with "uneducated" people if he was in charge. You have to admire the irony of Pascal:

  1. supposedly a freedom lover who hates central planning

except his own site does not allow free exchanges plus he frequently disses those niches that should be ignored. I think communists would find central databases quite appealing.

b) supposedly loves mathematics and appreciates a proper education from academia that is independent of industry

except he never practices it nor does he even show any interest in academic work ANYWHERE in the world in recent times.

Pascal's cult tactics (constant drilling) is something to behold. Just look at Alfredo's messages for a sterling example of someone brainwashed.

But it is undeniable that Pascal, Date have tremendous influence on many regulars in this ng. Meanwhile, books from the likes of Halpin, Thalheim, etc are rarely discussed...you know the opposing ends of the spectrum, conceptual modeling and implementation issues are ignored in Pascal's world...which is nothing more than a world of hubris and self-deception. Received on Tue Nov 09 2004 - 18:10:11 CET

Original text of this message