Re: Signal to Noise Ration on DBDebunk Declining

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_mail.ocis.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 14:02:01 -0800

Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net> wrote:

[snip]

>I never really had a chance to be enchanted, so I can't really be
>disenchanted.
>
>The site was very appealing at first because of its promise of rigor, but
>the overall nastiness drove me away pretty quick, plus some rather bitter
>anti-religious stuff told me this is just one plain ole angry dude. Most
>of us get over it after college.
>
>I'm not sure Mr. Pascal is fully aware of his own motivations.

     I think that might be said of a lot of people who respond to him.

     If you want fireworks, try telling a stupid person that he is stupid or an ignorant person that he is ignorant. They usually have huge buttons. Mr. Pascal's postings do push some people's buttons hard.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.