Re: An Analogy ?

From: Alfredo Novoa <anovoa_at_ncs.es>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:33:27 +0100

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 06:43:07 -0500, "Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>> And, I would go on to suggest, both experiments have outlived their
>> genuine usefulness and served to impede progress in their respective
>> areas (that is, we're still stuck with FORTRAN 9x and SQL:2003).
>>
>According to the biologists, we're still stuck with the reptilian nervous
>system, even though that outlived its usefulness millions of years ago.

A bad analogy.

In fact humans are "obsolete" for many jobs, and unlike SQL we were replaced a long time ago.

And this is a process in progress.

>We're not actually stuck with FORTRAN or SQL. It's just hard to let go of a
>system once it's performing useful work.

And what about the new and future systems?

Most of them use and will use SQL.

Regards Received on Mon Nov 08 2004 - 19:33:27 CET

Original text of this message