Re: Demo: Things in Hierarchies (w/o RM/SQL)

From: Frank Hamersley <FrankHamersley_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:33:11 GMT

"Neo" wrote

> Argh, my analogy afforded you too many interpretations :) What does
> an expert mechanic use if none of his fixed size wrenches fit an
> odd/uncommon size nut or bolt?

IMO it depends on the situation at to whether an expert would proceed with a shifter, or source the correct tool (at the cost of some delay no doubt).

What the expert mechanic does recognise (and weigh) is the increased risk that a shifting spanner will irreparably damage the nut or bolt and especially so in a high torque environment. This is a tool time tip that transcends all areas of interest!

BTW I acknowledge your other post re flight but the jury is still to be selected viz the eventual writing of history on xDb suffice to say trains and ships still carry the tonnage even as the joust proceeds!

Salutations. Received on Mon Nov 08 2004 - 12:33:11 CET

Original text of this message