Humpty Dumpty as Data Architect

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 10:52:20 -0500

Perhaps one of my favorite data architects is Humpty Dumpty.

Here's a small excerpt from "Through the Looking Glass":

>`I don't know what you mean by "glory,"' Alice said.
>
>Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. `Of course you don't -- till I tell
you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument >for you!"'
>But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument,"' Alice objected.
>
>`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it
means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more
>nor less.'
>
>`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many
different things.'

>`The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master - - that's
all.'

If you want to see it in context, it's on the web. http://www.literature.org/authors/carroll-lewis/through-the-looking-glass/ch apter-06.html

Isn't this great! Doesn't it reflect a wonderful paradigm for data sharing? Doesn't it remind you of some Data Architects?

I particularly like Humpty Dumpty's last line in this excerpt. That's the connection between Data Architecture and "empowerment". Received on Sat Nov 06 2004 - 16:52:20 CET

Original text of this message