Re: Nested Relations / RVAs / NFNF

From: Tony Douglas <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net>
Date: 4 Nov 2004 15:12:16 -0800

neo55592_at_hotmail.com (Neo) wrote in message news:<4b45d3ad.0411031027.46a57220_at_posting.google.com>...

> > > ...[Equivalent code listing]
> >
> > Wow. Well, I'm sold. Anybody else?
>
> Please show your current preferred method of representing a thing (ie
> 2kg) and let's put them thru some paces to highlight their
> advantages/disadvantages.

At this point, my type system of choice is the Milner system first implemented in languages like HOPE, Standard ML, Miranda and more recently Haskell. Even then, it's not ideal at coping with expressing values the way we express them, but it's a heck of a lot better than the Xdb2 code you've published above.

For info, please check http://haskell.org.

Cheers,

  • Tony