Re: Call for an API standard for SQL statements

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:22:56 GMT

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:56:39 GMT, "Marshall Spight" <mspight_at_dnai.com> wrote:

>Everyone talks about this feature, but how often does a real business app
>change databases? Pretty much never.

I agree, the programming languages change a lot more often than the DBMSs. I have seen a project with six or seven programming language changes but it always used Oracle.

>This feature would be useful,
>though, for a shrinkwrap app that was written to work with any
>of a number of different RDBMSs.

IMO Dataphor would be a very good solution for this.

Regards Received on Fri Oct 22 2004 - 13:22:56 CEST

Original text of this message