Re: I have read tons of theory...but still...one question

From: Kostas <noemail_at_noemail.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:29:21 -0400

> I'd like to strongly suggest that mispellings are a user interface issue
> and
> NOT a database issue. I think there's value in keeping those two groups
> of
> issues separate. That's not to say your choice is the wrong one, but it
> ain't database theory that's going to address that.

What you say makes good sense and further clarifies another ambiguous issue for me.
Thank you.

> BTW, there are ways to design the UI so that its dropdown list is built
> from all the valid (and correctly spelled) values.

Sort of like MS Access' lookup tables? But if so isn't the database in this case doing internally what I was doing externally by explicitly specifying the lookup table?

Cheers!
Konstantinos   Received on Fri Oct 15 2004 - 22:29:21 CEST

Original text of this message