Re: Attention Experienced Professionals

From: Lemming <thiswillbounce_at_bumblbee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:18:35 +0100

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 07:54:21 -0400, "Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>I used collaboration to the hilt, especially in lab work. If one student
>already "got it" and explained it to another student who didn't "get it",
>as far as I was concerned, real education was going on. Of course, I
>wasn't responsible for certifying these people. The only certificate
>Digital gave them was a certificate of attendance.

I concur. And perhaps surprisingly to those who have never worked as a trainer, the person who gains the most from such collaboration is often the person who you describe as the one who has already "got it". One of the best ways to learn, or to consolidate learning, is to explain it to someone else.

Lemming

--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.