Re: OO and relation "impedance mismatch"

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:11:23 -0400

"Troels Arvin" <troels_at_arvin.dk> wrote in message news:pan.2004.10.02.13.18.03.39531_at_arvin.dk...

> However, I believe that the impedance mismatch is given more attention in
> the OO World because that World is _remarkably_ keen on OO "paradigms".
> Those paradigms tend to be not very well founded or defined, and there
> seems to be a tendency for creations of "paradigm of the year", especially
> in the Java World (e.g.: some years back, inheritance was cool; nowadays
> it's seen as very un-cool.). Sometimes, "beans" are hot; at other times,
> it's "agile modeling". No matter what's currently hot, proponents of the
> hot trend tend to disregard any technique which could decrease the
> "purity" of their pet paradigm.

It sounds like the definition of what's "hot" is as capricious as the definition of the "popular group" when my daughters were in high school. My daughters explained it like this:

"Nobody like the popular people. They look down on everybody else."

It took me a lo-o-o-ng time to assimiliate this little bit of contemporary culture.

Now those high schoolers are out in the professional world. Some things never change. Received on Mon Oct 04 2004 - 00:11:23 CEST

Original text of this message