Re: Q about materialized paths

From: Bernard Peek <bap_at_shrdlu.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:22:06 GMT

In message <cjdnlb$8da$1_at_ls219.htnet.hr>, "<Leander>" <leander_at_net.hr> writes
>Is it known who "invented" materialized path approach in modeling
>hierarchical data with SQL?

I'm not sure whether there is one inventor. I tried to build a design using it in 1986, I don't know whether anyone else's work predates that, I assume that other people were doing the same thing elsewhere. It's pretty much a derivative of the Dewey system which is about 200 years old and, I think, has older ancestors.

--
Bernard Peek