Re: Timeless Classics of Software Engineering

From: apm <apm35_at_student.open.ac.uk>
Date: 23 Sep 2004 08:31:39 -0700

comeau_at_panix.com (Greg Comeau) wrote in message news:<cisegd$sth$1_at_panix2.panix.com>...
> In article <d1a33011.0409220346.6b44c8d8_at_posting.google.com>,
> apm <apm35_at_student.open.ac.uk> wrote:
> >IMO it is a classic but the evolution of C++ has caused it to become
> >somewhat dated. That is why I give it a qualified recommendation.
[snip]
> While in a discussion with John over the summer, he said a
> second edition of the book was being worked on. There is an
> off chance that I misunderstood and has was referring to
> something else.

You misunderstood. John is working on something else. I specifically asked him if he would produce a new edition of LargeScale bearing in mind the dated aspects and he said he would not due to time, family committments etc, which is perfectly understandable. Received on Thu Sep 23 2004 - 17:31:39 CEST

Original text of this message