Re: On view updating

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:22:25 -0400

"Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_ncs.es> wrote in message news:e4330f45.0409210300.3c0a2bd5_at_posting.google.com...

> Of course. I meant that in natural language "if" often means: "if and
> only if".

Surely you can't be serious. To take the phrase "if and only if" in the context of setting the criterion for view updateability, and to say that the "and only if" was redundant and for emphasis is to misread the text. This kind of mistake might be made by someone more ignaorant than you are, but it's beyond belief that you made that mistake innocently.

I believe you are doing this deliberately. Received on Tue Sep 21 2004 - 16:22:25 CEST

Original text of this message