Re: On view updating

From: Paul <paul_at_test.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:40:27 +0100

Paul wrote:

>> Sure very simple. Try to let the user input the known fact that
>> X=2 OR X=3. Say "mary has blue eyes or mary has green eyes".
>>
>> Or to say that "Whoever has blue eyes will be likable to john"

> These are just constraints though, which a database can handle. It's
> just that users restricted to DML can't specify it.

just thought about this some more, and I realise now that the database can only contain these constraints "X=2 OR X=3" if one or the other of the statements is explicitly contained within the database. Because anything not in the database is assumed to be false.

Paul. Received on Tue Sep 21 2004 - 08:40:27 CEST

Original text of this message