Re: The IDS, the EDS and the DBMS

From: Chris Capel <ch.ris_at_iba.nktech.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:01:29 -0500

Lemming wrote:

> if (a = b) then ...
>
> if (fileopen("myfile",filehandle)) then ...

I think the only problem is when your boolean conditionals accept integers without casting. Note that the only way your first example would compile in a language like C# would be in the 'a' variable were a boolean. Same goes for the second. 'fileopen' would have to return a boolean. And in that case, the meaning would be clear. So I think the problem here is with languages with no little type checking, not with the compact style itself.

I know that I really hate creating temporary variables.

Chris Capel Received on Mon Sep 13 2004 - 05:01:29 CEST

Original text of this message