Re: Porn stuff in c.d.theory

From: Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:53:45 -0400

mAsterdam wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there somebody in the group usenet-savvy enough
> to know wether it is possible to get rid of this
> noise without really turning c.d.theory into
> a moderated newsgroup?

Don't know that I'd call myself usenet-savvy, but a good newsreader will filter things before you see them. These are sometimes called "kill files" or "bozo files." In many newsgroups you use the filters to target individual posters, but you can also filter out keywords in subject lines, such as certain parts of the anatomy. Oddly you cannot usually filter out the word "sex" because it is used so often in legitimate subjects, such as, "Sexy new OO db product".

Clever posters will use intentional misspellings to get around the filters, but I can't say as I've seen a lot of this is c.d.theory.

--
Kenneth Downs
Use first initial plus last name at last name plus literal "fam.net" to