Re: Two examples of semi structured data.

From: Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:31:41 -0400

Laconic2 wrote:

> I never really wanted to learn anything about either the registry or
> cookies. In both cases, I was forced into it by people who wanted to
> control the desktop machine I had purchased with my own money. In some
> cases, they felt they were acting on my behalf, doing what I would
> approve
> if only I were as smart as they are. In other cases, it was a deliberate
> attempt to control my eyeballs and eardrums against my will.

Since nobody else has tossed in this off-topic comment, I will: That's why my desktops and servers run Linux. My computers are my property and they run only what I wish them to run.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

--
Kenneth Downs
Use first initial plus last name at last name plus literal "fam.net" to