Re: Other or not? (again)

From: Felix E. Klee <felix.klee_at_inka.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:34:22 +0200

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:46:33 -0400 Laconic2 wrote:
> > Now, I still wonder how to best deal with person certificate types that
> > are missing in PERSON_CERTIFICATE_TYPES. I seems that this is a trivial
> > question. However, I'd still like to hear an opinion on it.
>
> I don't understand the above. Are you talking about rows that are
> missing entirely?

Yes.

> How would you know that there was anything missing?

Sorry, this was not clearly formulated in the text I wrote above: A user (i.e. the person entering data) may be missing rows that the DBA has not entered. For example she would like to specify that she has a "high school diploma", but this type of certificate is missing from PERSON_CERTIFICATE_TYPES. BTW, someone finally answered to my identical question in comp.databases and in the thread you can find three possible solutions to the problem.

Felix Received on Wed Sep 08 2004 - 22:34:22 CEST

Original text of this message