Re: How to ensure data consistency?

From: ddtl <fake_at_address.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 09:15:17 -0700

>> If the DBMS supports deferred constraint mechanisms, I circular Foreign
>Key
>> constraint relationship will work. [snip]
>
>This won't work with multiple subtypes, either overlapping or disjoint; only
>mutual existence dependence relationships that are one to one. But triggers
>will do just fine. Front end enforcement is not always necessary.

Can you explain please how you enforce data integrity with triggers in the case when relationnship is not one-to-one? I am not succeeding to come up with a solution, as I have written in reply to Felix (up in the thread, in 07.09.2004, at 23:24). Received on Wed Sep 08 2004 - 18:15:17 CEST

Original text of this message