Re: The IDS, the EDS and the DBMS

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 07:52:45 -0400

I'm ready to refine my statement about the right to design a database.

Everyone has the right to engage in intellectual effort. No one has the right to use fraud or coercion to impose the consequences of their efforts on others.

This explains the case of the architect, and the city building code.

It also deals with quack doctors, fake lawyers, etc. etc. It also applies to database design.

The problem is not that unqualified people have designed databases. The problem is that naive enterprises have commited themselves to bad database designs without adequate testing. And, by the way, I'm referring to testing of the design itself, not just to testing of the consequent implementation. Received on Tue Sep 07 2004 - 13:52:45 CEST

Original text of this message